We got a puppy. I’m at a loss for words, just as you are. Never in a million gazillion years did I EVER think that Melissa Bain Spurlock would ever have to own a real live pet, let alone a dog. The things we do for our jobs… (or more accurately, for our SPOUSE’S job). It still doesn’t feel real, I don’t totally believe it. However there are several little BIG reminders that shock me back to reality, such as: the DOG IN OUR KITCHEN, the barricade we’ve made between the kitchen and the carpeted living room that I am constantly tripping over, the fact that I can’t eat in the kitchen anymore because just KNOWING an animal is there makes me a little sick to my stomach, the frantic banging of a Gatorade bottle being chased around the kitchen floor all day, and the smell of dog food in the garage.
But I guess she’s not ALL bad… Jake’s really good with doing ALL the work in taking care of her, so I don’t really do anything (that’s our agreement and the ONLY way it can work). And he’s really cute with her – I think he’ll be a great dad once we have kids. And just look at that cute little face! Plus, she’s pretty well behaved, as far as puppies go. So I’m no “dog lover” by any means, but I’m also not dead yet. That’s what I call PROGRESS.
Millie’s stats: Australian shepard. Born May 6, 2008. About 9 lbs. If she gets too big, I’m giving her away.
I know, I know, I haven’t blogged for about a month. Please forgive me. The following are my very valid reasons:
1. The main reason is that I want to include pictures in my posts, but all of our pictures are on JAKE’s computer. And have you ever seen Jake without his computer? Neither have I.
2. The longer you put something off, the easier it is to KEEP putting it off. Plus, the idea of blogging regularly overwhelms me, which is why it took me so long to start a blog in the first place. It’s a HUGE commitment, not unlike marriage.
3. I simply forget. I spend my entire day at work on a computer, so you’ll understand if getting on another computer isn’t my first priority as soon as I get home in the evening.
4. I think our blog theme is ugly and I can’t find any free WordPress themes that I like that are allowed with our current WordPress account. But don’t worry, we’ll be rolling out our new blog site as soon as some of the back-end stuff gets worked out and everything from this blog gets transferred over. And I’m sorry! I know how annoying it is for people to keep changing their website address/email address! But I’ll be much happier with a prettier blog template, and much more inclined to write.
5. I’m busy! When I’m not at work, there are endless chores to do at home which I should be doing instead of blogging. (Who knew that a mere 2 people could generate SO MUCH dirty laundry and dishes?? It boggles the mind.) I sooo look forward to the day when I no longer work and can keep up with the daily housework.
So there you have it. But I’m back now and I’ve got a lot of catching up to do! Stay tuned…