As you can see, Rushton is very serious about his oatmeal.
He has a new favorite toy…
Rush is getting huge. His 6 month appointment is in about a week, and I’m sure he’ll be over 17 lbs. He’s really strong and loves standing up, jumping, laughing, jabbering, grabbing things (like my face, hair, or anything in my hands), putting things in his mouth, reading books that he can later grab and lick, and all those cute things babies do. Except I’m pretty sure he’s cuter than your baby, just for the record.
I can’t figure out how to work the gallery settings on my blog, and Jake’s gone, so they’re all posted in one big bunch. The first half are Rush playing with Jake at the computer and the second half are us at the Hogle Zoo earlier this week. Rush loved the carousel but did NOT love going through the tunnel on the train…
Here’s a few pics of Rush in his Bumbo Chair. These were taken 2 months and about 5 lbs. ago. He still likes the chair quite a bit and we feed him in it since we don’t have a high chair yet. On the menu is rice cereal and oatmeal. Bland city. But he likes it, and he FINALLY figured out how to eat it, so mealtime is much less painful now.
I wasn’t “tagged” or anything, but I like reading these when other people do them, so here’s to 50 questions. And I totally won’t be offended if you don’t read it all.
- What time did you get up this morning? First time 1:30 a.m., second time 6:25 a.m. I’ve GOT to figure out how to get Rushton to sleep through the night…
- How do you like your steak? Medium to medium rare
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Hmm, it’s been a LONG time… Benjamin Button? (Yikes, that was back at New Year’s… We need to get out more.)
- What is your favorite TV show? Arrested Development, Mad Men, The Bachelorette/Bachelor
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? San Diego, Switzerland, Portland, Seattle, Barcelona, somewhere in Italy, Santorini… But I wouldn’t want to live any of those far away places for too long if family wasn’t there, too.
- What did you have for breakfast? Frosted Flakes
- What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican
- What foods do you dislike? Not a huge fan of most Asian food, or at least how I feel after I eat it.
- Favorite Place to Eat? Goodwood BBQ, Village Pizza, Blue Iguana
- Favorite dressing? Homemade restaurant ranch or blue cheese
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? Mazda Progete or Jeep Cheroke
- What are your favorite clothes? I’m still in the inbetween phase (inbetween maternity clothes and my regular clothes) so I can’t really wear my favorites, but I usually go for capris, a black top, and mary janes.
- Where would you visit if you had the chance? Somewhere tropical
- Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Definitely half full – cute baby, great guy, comfy home, what more could I ask for?
- Where would you want to retire? Somewhere kind of country with little-to-no snow but not too hot, a decent sized plot of land, big home for lots of family, maybe near a lake
- Favorite time of day? Evening
- Where were you born? Oakland, CA
- What is your favorite sport to watch? Soccer and basketball live, Olympic figure skating and gymnastics on TV
- Ever broken any bones? My arm when I was about 4. I think we got a little too rough wrestling in the back yard.
- Shoe size? 7 1/2
- How many states have you visited? 19
- Do you workout? Not usually, but I definitely should.
- Are you a morning person or a night person? Night
- Pets? We had a dog once, but I DO NOT LIKE PETS. They’re fine for other people, but count me out thank you very much.
- Favorite zoo animal? I’ll probably have a better answer once Rush is old enough to enjoy the zoo.
- How many brothers and sisters? 2 sisters, 1 brother
- What is your best childhood memory? So many good ones to choose from, but probably favorite are summer vacations at my grandparents’ home in Burley, Idaho – the county fair, homemade root beer, making taffy, coloring with stencils, fishing, driving the blue Honda, playing in the ditches, driving the tractor, riding the bike through the fields, snipe hunting, flooding the lawn, lincoln logs and ping pong in the basement, going into town, playing with all my cousins, baby kittens, night games with the cute neighbor boys, tire swing in the tractor shed, and the list goes on and on. Good times…
- Are you a cat or dog person? Neither (Although I do admit, even though I’d never in a million years say I’m a dog person, our puppy Millie holds a special place in my heart. Rest in peace, little buddy.)
- Are you married? Yes, 4 years and counting.
- Always wear your seat belt? Always always always
- Ever been in a car accident? Yes, quite a few, but the only time I was at fault was when I ran into a parked car backing out of an alley my junior year in high school
- Any pet peeves? When the baby monitor starts buzzing and chirping with interference, and when I waste time (like right now probably)…
- Favorite pizza topping? When I can handle the greasy-ness of it, the meatball-peperoni-sausage pizza at Village Pizza is divine.
- Favorite Flower? Peony, hydrangea, tulip, Asain lily, ranunculus
- Favorite ice cream? Bryers Mint Chocolate Chip or Leatherby’s Toasted Almond
- Favorite fast food restaurant? A tie between Wendy’s and Carl’s Jr.
- How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Driving, once, but that lady was crazy
- From whom did you get your last email? Myself (scanned something at a friend’s house and emailed it to myself)
- Ever been arrested? Nope
- Do anything spontaneous lately? I fear my days of spontaneity are temporarily on hold, at least while this baby continues needing to eat and sleep…
- Like your job? I love being home with my baby, it’s just taken a while to find my groove as a mom.
- Broccoli? Yum (especially with steak and mashed potatoes, it’s almost the perfect meal)
- What was your favorite vacation? Every time we go to California. Especially last summer when my whole family was there for the 4th of July. And Vernal was pretty fun. (Yes, you heard right, I said Vernal Utah. Jake and I took our bikes and had a blast!)
- Last person you went out to dinner with? Jake, his bro Nick, and 2 of Nick’s friends
- What are you listening to right now? The baby monitor and whatever Jake’s listening to in the other room
- What is your favorite color? Spring green
- How many tattoos do you have? None
- Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke or Wild Cherry Pepsi
- McDonalds or Burger King? Meh, neither? But I guess if I had to choose, McD’s because of the Oreo McFlurry. And the Southern Chicken Sandwich is pretty good (the one with just pickles).
- Coffee Drinker? Nope
Here’s a picture to hold you over until I get time to do a little update. There are a few things Rush has gotten REALLY good at lately – one of them is waking up right when I start to be productive (i.e. turn on the water for a shower, eat a meal, sit down to write a blog post, DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN FEED OR ENTERTAIN HIM). Don’t get me wrong – I love spending time with him and I’m not complaining! I’m just making a simple observation as a new mom. I’d just like to get something done besides dishes once in a while! 🙂 But for now, off I go to get my cute wiggly baby out of his crib. And truth be told, I actually miss him when he’s asleep and I keep wondering when he’ll finally wake up so I can hold him again!