Yes, I cut my own bangs.
No, I didn’t mean to make them this short.
Yes, I’m OK with how they look.
No, this was not pre-meditated. It was VERY spur-of-the-moment, with VERY permanent consequences.
Yes, Jake was momentarily speachless, but I think deep down, he thinks they’re hot.
Lesson learned: Cutting your own hair is terrifying yet exhilirating.
Note to self: You never feel like more of a dork than when you post a picture of only yourself…
I love reading my friends’ “100 Things About Me” lists and I have wanted to do my own, but 100 items seems a little overwhelming. So overwhelming, in fact, that instead of starting on it and getting only part-way through it, I’d rather ignore the urge altogether. (This is NOT unlike the mountainous pile of laundry on the guest bed, waiting to be folded… I won’t tell you how long it’s been there.) My solution: post only 10 things at a time. Hopefully this will lead to more frequent but shorter posts… Enjoy!
- Very appropriate at #1 on this list, I LOVE making lists. Just ask Jake – they’re all over the house. Grocery lists, to-do lists, movies to see, things to purchase, chores, home improvement projects, favorite baby names (this is NOT any sort of announcement – I’ve been doing this for years), restaurants to go to, lists of the lists I need to make, you name it. I’m addicted. Somebody please help me.
- I’m cursed when it comes to ordering at restaurants. No matter what, Jake’s food is ALWAYS better. Good thing he loves sharing… (NOT TRUE, but he’s getting used to it!)
- The sound of rubbing napkins together has the same goosebumpy effect on me as fingernails on a chalkboard. I am even cringing right now just writing about it.
- I’m a sucker for Hollywood red-carpet fashion – I could look at best/worst-dressed lists all day long.
- I’m also a sucker for the tabloids. I admit, often I’ll pick the longest line at the grocery store just so I can have a few minutes see what Carrie Underwood is wearing, read about Britney’s latest disaster, who’s kissing who and who’s having babies. Guilty pleasure, I KNOW, but I can’t help it! For the record, though, I never BUY tabloids – I don’t believe in financially supporting the paparazzi…
- I love love love babies – the way they smell, their soft skin, the noises they make, holding them, their smiles…
- I get teary-eyed almost every time I watch “Jon & Kate Plus Ei8ht” on TLC (show about a family who has twins (7 yrs old) AND SEXTUPLETS (4 yrs old)). They are so blasted CUTE I can’t hardly stand it.
- I’m a Food Network junkie. Somehow I keep telling myself that watching cooking shows makes me a better cook.
- I have tons of recipe books, but I hardly EVER use them. And I won’t buy a recipe book without pictures on almost every page.
- In general, I don’t like cake. However, sometimes I’ll eat it to be a good sport. And sometimes it actually tastes a little bit good (ice cream cake, dutch oven pineapple upside-down cake). But just a little bit.